Buying your first home can be exciting and nerve racking at the same time, so where do you even begin? We start from the very beginning and highlight the most important stages..
1. When buying your first home, you will come across a lot of strange words you probably have never heard of. Know the lingo, click here for our quick lingo guide:
2. Your first priority should be finance, even before you start looking at homes. Make sure you work out properly what you can afford, don’t just estimate a price. Budget, workout how much you can borrow then you can move onto your deposit amount. Be aware that there are fees associated with purchasing a property and make sure you take this into account.
3.Now you can apply for a home loan, we have done the hard work for you and found a reliable home loan lender worthy of New Living Homes. Click here for more information on finance:
4. Now the exciting part begins! Finding a property. Try to be open-minded and make a list of what you are looking for; this will help with finding the right property for you! Know that with any house you can make it your home with personal touches. Click here to view properties available with New Living Homes.
5. Once you have found the perfect home, it is also a good idea to invite your mortgage broker along to the inspection for a second opinion and find out as much as you can about the property.
6. Now it gets a bit surreal! Making an offer! Your Conveyancer will organise forms on your behalf, then you can submit your home loan application and the final step includes the contract of sale!
7. The final stage is the settlement stage after all the forms have been submitted and also when stamp duty is paid. Once this is completed you can collect your keys to your new home! Congratulations!
View the in-depth details First Home Buyers guide here:
Information on behalf of Mortgage House